How to remove glue from the screen protector? If you buy a smartphone, purchase a screen protector also, and place it on to your phone. It is the most necessary and of the essential thing to protect your mobile phone from smudges, scratches, and marks. Over time, it leaves minor marks or cracks, or may you find air bubbles while placing a screen protector. In any case, you have to clean your screen protector, display screen, remove the glue from the screen protector, and also clean the remaining glue on the display screen of your mobile, which is a quite difficult task to do. In this article we will discuss a few methods and techniques to clean glue, reaming dust from the screen protector.
- cratching and rubbing with hand gloves.
- Microfiber and liquid Cleaning.
- Cleaning with petroleum jelly.
- Cleaning with Alcohol.
- Use of Vinegar
Scratching and rubbing with hand gloves
If the remaining glue resides on your phone screen protector, and it is not much sticky then you can rub it from hands or you can wear gloves on your hands. After rubbing just clean the protector with a microfiber cloth
Microfiber and liquid Cleaning
f the protector left with a sticky liquid and you cannot find it easy to remove with the hands, then, there is an easy way to detach it. You can clean and remove all the glue with the help of a microfiber cloth, and a soap/dish cleaner.
- The process is very easy and simple. You have put the sticky side of a protector under the cool water with low pressure.
- Meanwhile, use a soap cleaner and softly and slightly clean all the dirt, dust particles, glue, patches, and stains. Wash all sticky and nonstick side of the screen protector.
- Dry your screen protector from both surfaces and for a quick dry, you can use a hairdryer and if it is not available then use an alternative solution, turn on a fan for a while and dry all the sticky and nonstick side.
- After the dry, it might have a possibility that dust particles again form on the screen protector, in that case, you take an ordinary tape or a packing tape, loop it in your finger, and lightly dab on the protector surface. All dirt and dust will clean.
- Now before placing it on your mobile screen, take an antiseptic spray cleaner, spray it on your mobile screen, and clean it with a microfiber cloth.
- Place the glue-free sticky side of your screen protector on the clean glue and dust-free display scree
Cleaning with petroleum jelly
Petroleum jelly is not only used for skin purposes but it is beneficial for cleaning sticky glue, or dirt. Slightly remove the screen protector for the display screen and clean the glue residue from the protector with the help of petroleum jelly.
- Put some petroleum jelly on the protector sticky side. For a few hours (2-3 hours) place it on the screen.
- Scratch all the petroleum jelly with the help of any hard plastic object (like any plastic card).
- Scratch all the glue along with the jelly.
- Take a cleaning cloth and clean all the sticky and nonstick side of a protector.
- All clean all the dust particles and glue residue from the display screen with petroleum jelly. It will wipe all the dirt and remove the remaining jelly.
Cleaning with Alcohol
Alcohol contains a large amount of non-toxic ethanol that is used as an antiseptic in distilled spirits to kill germs and clean surfaces. If you are alcohol for cleaning purposes, then it should not be flavored or don’t have any sweet content in it because sugar makes the surface more sticky and it will get difficult to clean it. You have to be very careful while using alcohol, it might damage your device externally.
- Take a towel or any cloth.
- Dry clean all the mobile phone surface and also screen protector surface to remove prominent dust and glue pieces.
- Put some alcohol on a clean towel or microfiber cloth.
- Put the moisture/alcoholic area of a towel on a protector.
- Slowly and smoothly dab it, and rag it.
- Do for a few minutes, so that dust and stains get absorb completely.
- Glue residue becomes soft, now you can use any plastic/hard scrapper to remove it from the protector. The glue will easily get remove
- Also, clean the phone properly and place the protector on to the
Use of Vinegar
Vinegar is one of the most common ingredients to put some sour and spice in your food and it is available in almost every kitchen.
- Take some vinegar and water. Mix them in a bowl.
- Take a clean piece of cloth or any soft cleaning rag.
- Put it in a mixture of water and vinegar.
- Place the cloth on the screen protector/on your mobile screen and clean it.
- Let it dry for a few minutes, so that all stain and glue get removed.
- After doing all the cleaning, place your protector on a phone screen.
If your phone/ screen protector looks ugly and dirty then you can follow the above methods. Before applying the above tips, you have to be careful to protect the mobile phone and screen protector. The glue sticky residue can form dirt, stains, and takes away all the shine of your phone screen. You can not only use these methods to clean the glue residue from the screen protector but also use them if you find any sticker or label behind your phone and after removing, it forms a dark stain, and these tact’s can also be applied for cleaning screen display.